Why study Specialization in Big Data and Business Engineering?
In the world, organizations generate, collect, store, process and analyze more and more data. We are facing an “explosion of the quantity available”, since the growth of these is at least exponential. According to a study by Gartner, cited by Jaspersoft, the volume generated in 2009 alone was greater than that created in the previous 5,000 years (Jaspersoft, nd). Also in 2009, Computerworld, in its publication of the 10 most important trends in ICT management, stressed that “in the next five years, company data will grow an additional 650%.”
Training objective: The graduate of the Specialization in Big Data and Business Intelligence is competent to:
Design and implement technological solutions that facilitate the processing of large volumes of data, enabling the transformation of these into information and useful knowledge for decision making.
The program is aimed at professionals interested in developing skills to perform positions such as Big Data engineer, business intelligence consultant, architect or data scientist, among others, in order to support decision making and promote the growth of all the areas of an organization, through the generation of useful and quality information and knowledge.
The specialization is designed for professionals who work in areas related to analysis and management of large volumes of data of any kind, in public or private companies in the industrial, commercial or service sectors. Among others:
- Professionals who work in market research
- Professionals who work in data analysis
- Professionals who work with predictive models
The specialist in Big Data and Business Intelligence will be able to:
- Organize and structure data from different sources through extraction, transformation and loading of large volumes of data to integrate them into a common source.
- Analyze data to extract information and useful knowledge from them through analytical methods and data mining.