SDI© Service Desk Manager is designed for existing and aspiring service desk managers and supervisors who intend to enhance their managerial and team management skills. This course covers a wide rage of domain to build a professional Service Desk Manager. The students will equip with the essential management capability to lead and build a sustainable service desk team. Additionally, this course encompasses service management best practices that provides the students with essential process and tool knowledge to attain efficient, effective and economical service desk processes It addresses the support methodologies, technologies and tools utilised within the service desk. It reviews key issues such as: service level agreements; the benefits and pitfalls and the importance of metrics; the implementation of service management processes. The course encourages students to participate in group exercises and discussions in order to inject real life experience in the modern Service Desk. Students are encouraged to debate on the skills, knowledge and best practices learnt during the class against the actual application of the information learnt through exercise and case study.
Why take this SDI Service Desk Manager training?
The course ensures managers to gain key competencies to build a productive service desk teams coupled with industry recognized standards and best practice guidelines. It reviews the six key concepts covered in the standards: The Strategic Role of the Service Desk, Management Competences, Business Integration, Operations Management, Tools and Technologies and Human resource and Team development. These concepts impact skills, competencies, knowledge and balance with experience to develop an effective and professional Service Desk Manager. The course is based upon the SDI©’s Service Desk Manager standards, ensuring that the students are ready for the SDM exam.
What you will learn
- Defining strategic requirements- plan for the strategic development of the service desk within an organization’s overall business goals
- Developing a strategic role-define the strategies and techniques for a successful support operation that is integrated with the organization’s overall business goals
- Essential management skills- examine key commercial management skills including integrating IT services, business cases, financial management, strategic responsibilities, defining processes and procedures, gap analysis, project management, behavior and communication
- Integrating the service desk- identify the need for relationship and network building, contribute to IT and business objectives, continual improvement and assessing the best sourcing option
- Promoting the service desk- plan the promotional objectives, strategies and tactics for the service desk
- Quality assurance activities- review QA programs and practices including satisfaction surveys, benchmarking, monitoring methods, service delivery models and resource management
- Effective management of tools and technologies- review and evaluate the service desk technology market, ACD, and CTI, service delivery communication channels, self-service and self-healing
Who should attend?
The SDM qualification course is designed for existing and aspiring service desk managers and supervisors who wish to develop their understanding of service desk management practices and build a set of management skills. Suitable for those with at least three years’ experience in a service desk environment.
SDI Service Desk Manager Certification
Upon successful completion of the training and examination, students will receive the SDI Service Desk Manager certification.
7th July 2019, 9:00 am- 5:00 pm
8th July 2019, 9:00 am- 5:00 pm
9th July 2019, 9:00 am- 5:00 pm
10th July 2019, 9:00 am- 5:00 pm