Arm yourself with a new career in Cyber Security! We’ll show you how
Technology is such a big part of our lives and smartphones, tablets, computers, and other high-end devices are all around us. With advances in technology and the ease of accessing so much data, comes opportunities for data attacks and exploitation. This is one reason why U.S. News & World Report has Data Security jobs listed in their Best Technology Jobs in 2019.1 This is a future-proof career that crosses multiple industries, and our certificate program can help get you started.
The Cyber Security program at Southern Careers Institute, in partnership with Woz U, will help you gain the expertise and knowledge of working with databases, networks, firewalls, and hardware so you can help protect them from attacks. Through structured classes led by industry experts and hands-on experience, you’ll learn how to perform risk assessments and test infrastructure to secure your company’s data and intellectual property. You’ll learn the fundamentals of setting up and installing secured systems, learn how to spot vulnerabilities, and how to lead a recovery effort if necessary.
The ultimate goal of a Cyber Security specialist is to protect the integrity of computers, programs, networks, and data from unauthorized attacks. The Cyber Security program through SCI offers you the basics to get started in this ever-changing, ever-challenging and exciting career. After the 33-week program, you’ll be prepped for the network certification exam, and our career services team will help get you ready to market your new skills to employers.
Program Focus & Skills
- Security Foundations: Get the fundamentals of security concepts including threats, policy and procedures, risk management, and disaster recovery.
- Network Foundations: Learn technical skills required in network administration and support as well as what is needed to excel in the network certification exam.
- System Administration: Learn to install and configure network components to support organizational security.
- Network Defense: Learn to use the most current tools to assess the security posture of an organization and understand the impacts of various vulnerabilities.
- Cryptography & Access Management: Learn cryptography algorithms used for safe transmission and storage of sensitive data. Get best practices on access and account management.
- Logging & Monitoring: Analyze and interpret security logs on Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems, as well as get an intro to basic forensics.
- Programming Foundations: Be an expert in the vulnerabilities faced by every technology user and organization including hardware, software, and various ‘threat actors.’
- Group Project: Play the role of both a defender and an attacker in a network while using all the skills acquired over the course of the program.